Friday, October 23, 2009

This little piggy...

A couple weeks ago, Michael decided to get really really sick and within a few days Ben got whatever he had so we took him to the doctors. The doctors tested him for the flu and it came back as Influenza Type "A", which the doctor said was pretty much swine flu. So they were ordered to stay home (Ben got to miss a week of classes) and was told they were contagious for about a week. I was sooo excited when their week was almost up that I hadn't gotten what they did... turns out I was wrong. I got really really sick on the 21st. It hits you like a wall of bricks, I went to work at 6 AM and was totally fine, but at about 7:30AM I had to go home. When I got home I started puking my guts out, I couldn't even hold down water! As it got later, I got worse, so my mom made Michael take me to the doctors. I couldn't even sit up for longer than 5 sec! I felt like I would pass out.
Anyways, the doctor said I was extremely dehydrated, oxygen level was low, and heart rate really high so he admitted me to AF Hospital. The joys of the hospital... the nurses tried to draw my blood and failed miserably! They tried about 10 times before they decided they would wait until I was more hydrated so my blood wasn't so thick and difficult to draw... I felt miserable all night, but finally caught a break later that morning. They finally discharged me the next day and said I probably had the swine flu and some crazy nasty stomach virus. Ugh... all that for nothing... can't wait for my stupid hospital bill!!!

My first IV.... never want to do that again...

My lovely arm, after 10+ pokes from the great nurses of AF Hospital...

1 comment:

Teresa Gashler said...

Yikes. Not a fun experience. Hope you two are feeling better.